A winter storm has brought snow to parts of the U.S. South, coating surfaces from Texas to Alabama early Monday.
The National Weather Service says as many as 6 inches of snow fell across southern parts Texas on Sunday. Anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of snow is forecast into Monday for parts of Louisiana and Mississippi.
A light dusting is expected for areas of northern Alabama and southern Tennessee.
More than two dozen government offices in Louisiana will be closed Monday. Some school districts in Alabama and Mississippi closed, delayed or scheduled for virtual learning only.
- Gov. Noem’s tweet about student food pantry seen as dig at Nikki Haley
- I-29 north of Salix blocked after early morning crash
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- LIVE: Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Nebraska workers worry about new delay in getting vaccine