A winter storm has brought snow to parts of the U.S. South, coating surfaces from Texas to Alabama early Monday.
The National Weather Service says as many as 6 inches of snow fell across southern parts Texas on Sunday. Anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of snow is forecast into Monday for parts of Louisiana and Mississippi.
A light dusting is expected for areas of northern Alabama and southern Tennessee.
More than two dozen government offices in Louisiana will be closed Monday. Some school districts in Alabama and Mississippi closed, delayed or scheduled for virtual learning only.
- 4 people injured after deck collapse in suburban Omaha
- UPDATE: Need for water conservation in Storm Lake lifted
- Owners of Countryside Health Care Center respond to violations
- LIVE: Police who defended US Capitol to testify at Jan. 6 riot probe’s first hearing
- Hearing Tuesday on Cristhian Rivera’s motion for a new trial in Mollie Tibbetts’ murder