SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Siouxland cities are declaring Snow Emergencies due to upcoming weather conditions. See which cities and rules below.
City of Lawton issues Snow Emergency
Starting Friday at 8 a.m. through Saturday at 8 a.m. There will be no parking on the city streets.
The City of North Sioux City has declared a Snow Emergency
Starting Friday at 6 a.m. through Saturday at 12 p.m. Parking on the streets will be prohibited except in certain designated areas.
The City of South Sioux City Public Works Department has declared a Snow Emergency.
Starting Friday at 6 through Saturday at 6 a.m. Parking will be prohibited on designated Snow Emergency Routes, according to the announcement.
- Parking is only allowed on even sides of the streets, on even calendar days.
- Snow Emergency Routes are marked with signs and they are primarily the streets in which there is a heavier flow of traffic.
- Vehicles parked on the routes may be towed.
- A list of routes can be obtained from customer service at City Hall.
- The department also reminds residents that it is not acceptable to blow, push, or shovel snow onto city streets.
Storm Lake has declared a Snow Emergency.
The Snow Emergency is issued from December 9 at 10 p.m. to December 13 at 6 a.m.
- Parking isn’t allowed on residential streets from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Parking isn’t allowed on strees in the Central Business District between 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Parking isn’t allowed in public downtown parking lots Lot B and Lot D. Lot A and Lot C allow overnight parking downtown.
- Any violations may result in a car being towed or ticketed.