KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) once again is the highest ranked team in the NAIA Football FirstDown PlayBook Coaches’ Top 25 Poll earning 17 first-place votes. Morningside (Iowa) is ranked third and received the 18th first-place vote. The biggest move up the charts was Indiana Wesleyan leaping 11 spots and the further decline was 11 positions from Olivet Nazarene (Ill.).
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) ||2-0||418|
|3||3||Morningside (Iowa) ||3-0||388|
|4||4||Grand View (Iowa)||4-0||370|
|13||14||Saint Francis (Ind.)||1-0||220|
|17||6||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||1-1||147|
|20||21||Valley City State (N.D.)||3-0||103|
Dropped from the poll: Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Receiving Votes: Culver-Stockton (Mo.) 19; College of Idaho 16; Cumberlands (Ky.) 11