SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Justin Wright has won the special election to represent District 2 in the Woodbury County Board of Supervisors, according to the final unofficial results from the Woodbury County website.
Wright, a Repbulican, was running against Democrat Tim Kacena for the seat.
Wright won with 53% of the vote with 4,841 votes.
The special election was originally scheduled for April 14 but was postponed out of concerns of COVID-19. The seat became vacant after former Supervisor Jeremy Taylor resigned in January.
- Rhode Island issues tax refunds signed by Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse
- Eye candy: More than 50,000 pink flamingos mass in France
- ‘Chief mouser’ Palmerston retires as UK’s top diplomatic cat
- Missouri Valley Football Conferences postpones conference schedule to spring
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening