OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Democrat Joe Biden has won in the Omaha-based congressional district, a victory that allows him to peel off one of conservative Nebraska’s five Electoral College votes.
Nebraska is one of two states that permits its electoral votes to be split. The statewide winner earns two votes, but the other three votes are decided by the winner of the congressional districts. Because
President Donald Trump won the statewide vote and in Nebraska’s two other districts, he will receive four Electoral College votes.
By beating Trump in the Omaha district, Biden earned one electoral vote.
- Texas conservatives prepare to file lawsuits against Biden administration
- ‘I’ll kill them all’: Florida deputy accused of threatening feds at US Capitol
- Justice: Technology helped Nebraska courts face pandemic
- LIVE: Biden to put forth new virus strategy exactly a year after 1st confirmed case in US
- January 21: 337 new COVID-19 cases in South Dakota, 6 more deaths