FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) — Adriana Nixon could hardly contain her smile or giggles Thursday as she became an honorary Fort Worth police officer.
Nixon is a 6-year-old girl with a rare form of liver cancer, so to brighten her and her family’s spirits, the Fort Worth Police Department made her one of their own. She was even taken along for a ride in the department’s Air One helicopter.
Nixon is scheduled to have surgery Monday. The surgery will determine if she will be placed on a transplant list for a new liver.
- Digital Exclusive: Reducing the risk of breast cancer through food
- Heelan girls top North for fifth straight win
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- Chiefs fan saved Super Bowl IV memorabilia from 1970 now worth thousands
- Garoppolo gets 49ers to Super Bowl with handoffs not throws