FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) — Adriana Nixon could hardly contain her smile or giggles Thursday as she became an honorary Fort Worth police officer.
Nixon is a 6-year-old girl with a rare form of liver cancer, so to brighten her and her family’s spirits, the Fort Worth Police Department made her one of their own. She was even taken along for a ride in the department’s Air One helicopter.
Nixon is scheduled to have surgery Monday. The surgery will determine if she will be placed on a transplant list for a new liver.
- Deputy mayor in Maine charged in case of racist Floyd post
- Missing World War II-era flag recovered after protests turn violent in Nevada
- Northwest Iowa Community College named best in nation for middle-class mobility in higher education
- Cinema chain AMC warns it may not survive the pandemic
- 3 men tied to right-wing extremists plotted to terrorize Vegas protests, prosecutors say