STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — A Sturgis police officer has been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash during a pursuit.
The officer was injured Thursday on Highway 14A, two miles southwest of Sturgis. The South Dakota Highway Patrol says the 54-year-old officer was pursuing another motorcycle rider when he lost control on a curve, went into the ditch and was thrown from his bike. The Highway Patrol didn’t say why he was pursuing the other motorcycle.
The crash was one of several that have been reported during this year’s Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which wraps up Sunday.
- April 23: 199 new COVID-19 cases in South Dakota, 196 new recoveries
- Japan raises emissions reduction target to 46% by 2030
- Should the military continue to be allowed to police itself on sexual assault? Retired general and Pentagon weigh in
- Parents get creative to see high school athletes at limited capacity Drake Relays events
- April 23: Nearly 300 new COVID-19 cases in Nebraska, 349 new recoveries