GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — The University of Wisconsin-Madison confirms that a group of spring breakers who visited Gulf Shores has tested positive for COVID-19.
Marc Levicott with University of Wisconsin-Madison Police told Alabama-affiliate WKRG that the students started their spring break in Nashville, Tennessee on March 13, then moved their trip down to Gulf Shores on March 16.
When they returned home, multiple students developed symptoms and tested positive for COVID-19.
Most of the students were members of fraternities and sororities. Now the university is asking all students who traveled for Spring Break to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- MercyOne offering new COVID-19 treatment for high-risk patients
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Norfolk mask mandate goes into effect Thursday
- November 25: Dakota County reports 24 new COVID-19 cases
- November 25: South Dakota reports nearly 1,000 new COVID-19 cases