SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (KCAU) – The city of South Sioux City has decided not to pay a $3.3 million claim related to the now-closed Big Ox plant.
The city said it was no longer required to pay a $225,000 a month payment to Wells Fargo after Big Ox defaulted on an agreement to process wastewater in March of 2019.
Wells Fargo is allowed to appeal the city’s decision in district court. South Sioux City is involved in over a dozen lawsuits related to the Big Ox plant filed by several residents who claim the plant caused toxic gases to seep into their homes.
- Siouxland business hosting Halloween event; safer alternative to trick or treating
- South Dakota cities working towards establishing medical marijuana businesses
- UPDATE: Power restored in Sioux City neighborhoods
- ‘Wasn’t her time’: Sailor recalls saving woman floating off coast for 12 hours
- Antidepressant fluvoxamine helps treat early COVID-19, study finds