SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (KCAU) – The city of South Sioux City has decided not to pay a $3.3 million claim related to the now-closed Big Ox plant.
The city said it was no longer required to pay a $225,000 a month payment to Wells Fargo after Big Ox defaulted on an agreement to process wastewater in March of 2019.
Wells Fargo is allowed to appeal the city’s decision in district court. South Sioux City is involved in over a dozen lawsuits related to the Big Ox plant filed by several residents who claim the plant caused toxic gases to seep into their homes.
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Three killed in wrong-way I-80 crash in Altoona including infant
- December 5: Woodbury County reports more than 100 new COVID-19 recoveries
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree