PIERRE, South Dakota (KCAU) – With the House version of the police reform bill expected to pass on Thursday, South Dakota Representative Dusty Johnson is calling the bill an overreach.
“Clearly good officers know how to de-escalate a situation. Giving our officers more tools and training, that makes sense. The Tim Scott bill could be the law of the land this week. I’m a little disappointed that the speaker has instead chosen to have this overreach legislation,” Rep. Johnson said.
Johnson sponsored Republican Senator Tim Scott’s bill in the house.
That measure failed to receive enough support in the senate to get a debate on the senate floor.
- Medical training to resume after canceled during pandemic
- Flight 232 Memorial is currently being repaired
- COVID-19 pandemic may affect 2021 firework sales
- Siouxland Baseball/Softball Scores (7-6-20)
- Old Heelan High School to be demolished soon