KEYSTONE, S.D. (AP) – President Donald Trump says he might attend a fireworks show that’s returning to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota’s Black Hills on July 4th.
Trump mentioned the fireworks display during a signing ceremony for the U.S.-China trade deal in Washington Wednesday.
The Rapid City Journal reports fireworks shows have not been held at Mount Rushmore since 2009 when a pine beetle infestation killed thousands of trees in the Black Hills, which created a fire hazard.
Republican Gov. Kristi Noem and federal officials announced last May that the fireworks show would resume.
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- Sioux City crews battle house fire
- Injured hiker in Oregon crawls for 8 hours before rescue
- Global markets fall sharply as virus cases spread past Asia
- Man suspected of setting fire that destroyed historic church in Nebraska