SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – Lawmakers say things will be fast and furious when South Dakota’s Republican-dominated Legislature convenes.
Working on a tight deadline, many lawmakers have put issues familiar from last year at the top of their to-do lists. That includes stretching a tight budget, legalizing industrial hemp, and preparing for potential protests of the Keystone XL pipeline.
They’ll also be casting around for how to help farmers wracked by last year’s bad weather and how to help people with mental health or addiction issues.
- Digital Exclusive: Reducing the risk of breast cancer through food
- Heelan girls top North for fifth straight win
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- Chiefs fan saved Super Bowl IV memorabilia from 1970 now worth thousands
- Garoppolo gets 49ers to Super Bowl with handoffs not throws