SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — A day after she called for peace and healing following riots at the U.S. Capitol by supporters of President Donald Trump, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem called Georgia’s two incoming Democratic senators communists.
Noem made her comments about incoming Sens. Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock in an op-ed published Friday by the conservative online magazine The Federalist.
South Dakota Democrats criticized Noem’s op-ed, saying she was mimicking Trump’s rhetoric. Noem is a staunch Trump supporter who had campaigned for Georgia’s Republican senators.
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- Another week of only 1 new COVID-19 case among Sioux City school staff
- US executes Virginia gang killer despite COVID-19 infection
- Creighton dorm evacuated after student tries to make ricin