BUFFALO, S.D. (AP) – A proposal from South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem to plug forty abandoned natural gas wells is pending legislation approval.
The Rapid City Journal reports that Noem has allotted $727,700 in state money in her fiscal year 2021 budget proposal to plug the wells.
Though state environmental regulators said the orphaned wells do not pose an immediate environmental risk, Noem was clear she would like the situation resolved as soon as possible.
- Deadline for South Dakota residents for federal disaster assistance edging near
- Tentative agreement reached between MercyOne and UFCW Local 222
- Sioux City Hard Rock prepares for Super Bowl wagers
- Democrat House managers finishing opening statements on fourth day of Senate impeachment trial
- Player of the Night: West Sioux’s Megan Waterman