BUFFALO, S.D. (AP) – A proposal from South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem to plug forty abandoned natural gas wells is pending legislation approval.
The Rapid City Journal reports that Noem has allotted $727,700 in state money in her fiscal year 2021 budget proposal to plug the wells.
Though state environmental regulators said the orphaned wells do not pose an immediate environmental risk, Noem was clear she would like the situation resolved as soon as possible.
- Iowa and Iowa State ranked in NCAA Preseason Coaches Poll
- Unemployed in South Dakota have received $267 million
- Covid-19 cancellations cause elite Colorado QB to choose Iowa high school
- Harris to Wolf: Fed agents deployed for political reasons?
- Siouxland Forecast: August 6, 2020