PIERRE, S.D. (KCAU) – South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem has activated the National Guard to immediately assist with the violent riots in Sioux Falls.
The governor’s office said the Guard was staged and ready, deployed within minutes of the other being given, and are already on the ground.
“South Dakota hoped for the best but prepared for the worst. We activated the National Guard the minute things turned violent in Sioux Falls. This is a specialized unit that is prepared for situations like this. We take protection of rights very seriously, including the right to peacefully protest, but rioting and looting will not be tolerated in South Dakota. Make no mistake, mob rule and violence do nothing to honor the memory of victims.”From South Dakota Gov. Noem
She held a news conference about the violent riots that happened on Sunday night.
- Siouxland volleyball team MVP United looking for a shot at AAU National Championship
- Early morning fire results in no injuries
- Siouxland Forecast: July 12, 2020
- Trump hoping for big indoor GOP convention, allies have concerns
- Florida reports largest, single-day increase in COVID-19 cases