SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg is asking lawmakers to limit the circumstances in which judges must sentence low-level felons to probation rather than prison.
The proposal is part of the Republican attorney general’s legislative priorities released Friday.
Ravnsborg also wants to create a clearinghouse for missing persons and have more tools to track tobacco retailers.
He wants an increase in court costs to fund the 911 system, and for people who make child pornography to be put on the Sex Offender Registry.
- Digital Exclusive: Reducing the risk of breast cancer through food
- Heelan girls top North for fifth straight win
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- Chiefs fan saved Super Bowl IV memorabilia from 1970 now worth thousands
- Garoppolo gets 49ers to Super Bowl with handoffs not throws