PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — A pro-Trump Christian group has a permit to gather at the South Dakota Capitol in Pierre Sunday.
Members of Jericho March plan to walk around the Capitol and pray for the country. About 50 people are expected to gather.
The FBI has issued bulletins warning of armed protests at all 50 state capitols, as well as Washington, D.C., in the days leading up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20.
State officials say past gatherings of the group at the state Capitol have been peaceful and no arrests were made.
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- April 14: More than 200 new COVID-19 recoveries reported in South Dakota
- Despite normal spring, Texas electric grid seeks power boost
- Biden on Afghanistan: ‘Time to end America’s longest war’
- April 14: Woodbury County reports 42 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new recoveries