PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — The last of nine female inmates who escaped from the Pierre Community Work Center after a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the facility has been arrested.
The Sioux Falls Argus Leader reported Wednesday that 25-year-old Philomene Boneshirt was arrested in Sioux Falls on Tuesday.
She was one of nine inmates who walked away from the minimum-security facility on March 23, the same day the state Department of Corrections reported its first COVID-19 case at the women’s prison.
That case was the first and so far only case in a South Dakota prison.
- Joe Biden makes remarks in Minnesota
- Omaha protest leader held on $1 million bail in sex case
- ‘We all want to get something done’: COVID-19 relief package remains at a standstill
- Sioux City Community School District reports 26 students, staff positive for COVID-19
- Minneapolis City Council questions police on spike in crime after movement to defund police