SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – A group of South Dakota Republicans wants the state party chairman to resign because of his lobbying work for Saudi Arabia.
The Fall River County Republicans’ Central Committee unanimously approved a resolution on Tuesday night alleging that state GOP Chairman Dan Lederman has a conflict of interest.
Lederman tells the Argus Leader he’s proud of his record as state Republican chairman. Lederman signed a contract last month to receive $10,000 per month to lobby for Saudi Arabia.
The resolution has been sent to the party’s State Central Committee for consideration.
Fall River County is in western South Dakota.
- PHOTOS: Meet the drivers in Monday’s Daytona 500
- PHOTOS: President Trump’s trip to the Daytona 500
- Motorcyclist dies after Nebraska highway collision with pickup
- Daytona 500 resumes without president, pomp, packed house
- Spencer police looking for robbery suspect