SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – A group of South Dakota Republicans wants the state party chairman to resign because of his lobbying work for Saudi Arabia.
The Fall River County Republicans’ Central Committee unanimously approved a resolution on Tuesday night alleging that state GOP Chairman Dan Lederman has a conflict of interest.
Lederman tells the Argus Leader he’s proud of his record as state Republican chairman. Lederman signed a contract last month to receive $10,000 per month to lobby for Saudi Arabia.
The resolution has been sent to the party’s State Central Committee for consideration.
Fall River County is in western South Dakota.
- Pres. Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover
- Unrest breaks out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys
- Siouxland Forecast: September 24, 2020