RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A former Rapid City priest has pleaded not guilty to federal charges alleging he had sexual contact with a minor and possessed child pornography.
Forty-two-year-old Marcin Garbacz entered his not guilty plea Tuesday. It was Garbacz’s second court appearance in two days.
Earlier this week, he was sentenced to nearly eight years in prison following his conviction on 65 financial crimes related to the theft of nearly $260,000 in cash donations from the diocese.
Court records show an FBI agent came across child pornography on one of Garbacz’s thumb drives while investigating the financial crimes.
- January 15: South Dakota reports 425 new COVID-19 cases, 15 new deaths
- Bus dramatically plunges off New York City bridge; driver, passengers hurt
- One dead after crash near Alton, Iowa
- RIP: Mars digger bites the dust after 2 years on red planet
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide