RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A former Rapid City priest has pleaded not guilty to federal charges alleging he had sexual contact with a minor and possessed child pornography.
Forty-two-year-old Marcin Garbacz entered his not guilty plea Tuesday. It was Garbacz’s second court appearance in two days.
Earlier this week, he was sentenced to nearly eight years in prison following his conviction on 65 financial crimes related to the theft of nearly $260,000 in cash donations from the diocese.
Court records show an FBI agent came across child pornography on one of Garbacz’s thumb drives while investigating the financial crimes.
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400
- April 10: Iowa reports more than 600 new positive COVID-19 tests
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- Honda recalls over 628,000 US vehicles to replace fuel pumps
- Siouxland Forecast: April 10, 2021