RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have identified a 33-year-old Rapid City man as the victim of a fatal stabbing last week.
Police on Monday identified the victim as Lance Baumgarten. Police were called Thursday morning about a man found lying in the grass in Rapid City.
Officers began life-saving measures, and the victim was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 29-year-old suspect from Box Elder was arrested Friday near Wanblee on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation by Oglala Sioux police on a federal warrant.
The man was taken to the Pennington County Jail.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Siouxlanders react to the presidential debate
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night