YANKTON, S.D. (AP) — Authorities say three inmates have walked away from a minimum-security state prison in Yankton.
Officials at the Yankton Community Work Center say inmates Seth Boocock, Corey Bales and Matthew Fritz-Chappell all left the facility without authorization shortly after 11 p.m. on Friday.
Boocock is serving more than 10 years for aggravated assault.
Bales is serving a nine years on multiple sentences for identity theft, forgery and possession of a controlled substance.
Fritz-Chappell is serving more than five year for possession of alcohol or marijuana by an inmate.
They could faces charges of escape, punishable by up to five years in prison.
- One dead after crash near Alton, Iowa
- RIP: Mars digger bites the dust after 2 years on red planet
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide
- Horned, shirtless Capitol rioter wants pardon from President Trump
- January 15: 25 new COVID-19 cases in Woodbury County, 54 new recoveries