RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — One man is dead and another was rescued after a trench collapsed at a construction site in front of a Rapid City home.
Fire officials say the accident happened Monday afternoon. Police and medics arrived to find one man submerged up to his chest and another completely submerged up to his head. His body was recovered after about five hours of digging.
The rescued man was uninjured.
It’s not immediately clear how the trench collapsed while the men were working.
- 1 in 6 Gen Zers identify as LGBT: Gallup poll
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Ricketts to hold press conference
- February 26: COVID-19 hospitalizations drop below 200 in Iowa, 712 new positive tests
- ‘Real world’ test of Pfizer COVID vaccine confirms effectiveness at preventing illness, even after single dose
- Biden’s Texas visit marks first trip to disaster site since taking office