PLYMOUTH COUNTY, Iowa (KCAU) — Animal lovers were getting in the Halloween spirit Sunday at the Prairie Rose Equestrian Center’s second annual “Trick-or-Trot.”
Families went from stall to stall, gathered candy from the horses, even painted a horse. Organizers say the event is a great way to inspire future equestrians.
“Introduce kids at a young age to riding a horse, to learning about a partnership with a horse, it goes so much more beyond just riding a horse,” said volunteer Angela Catton.
This year, over a hundred kids got to experience riding horseback.
- Local businesses looking to cash in as thousands flood Miami for Super Bowl week
- Kliff Kingsbury gifts Super Bowl ticket to Patrick Mahomes’ high school coach
- Video: Bald eagle crashes into windshield of 18-wheeler on Connecticut highway
- Angered by transgender flag, Iowa GOP lawmakers seek limits
- Hy-Vee buying 6 former Shopko locations in Iowa