GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KCAU) — A California man was arrested on Interstate 80 near Wood River, Nebraska for hiding almost 70 pounds of marijuana in gift-wrapped boxes.
According to the Nebraska State Patrol, during a traffic stop around 3 p.m. on Friday, a trooper found a meth pipe and a gram of methamphetamine on Joseph Hullinger, 56 of Santa Rosa, California.
After a vehicle search, troopers found 68 pounds of marijuana in large gift-wrapped boxes that Hullinger said were gifts for a new baby, authorities stated.
The press release said Hullinger was charged with possession of marijuana (more than one pound), possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and no drug tax stamp. He was taken to the Hall County Jail.
- 185th Air Refueling Wing receives an Air Force award
- Research center working to make insulin more affordable to people with diabetes
- Sioux City Citizen Convenience Center moving to winter hours
- Amount of water released into Missouri River to be reduced
- Feds: South Dakota doctor made millions on unneeded surgeries