OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Police say a roadside volunteer who was helping clear debris from a south Omaha road was fatally hit by a car.
Omaha police and the Nebraska State Patrol say the crash happened Thursday on the John F. Kennedy Freeway.
Police say 70-year-old John Holcomb, of Omaha, was clearing debris from an earlier crash when he was hit be a southbound car and thrown into a grass embankment. Medics pronounced Holcomb dead at the scene.
The patrol says Holcomb was working as motor assist volunteer when he was hit.
Police say the 38-year-old woman driving the car that hit Holcomb was not injured.
- M’Side’s Matthey claims fourth city men’s championship title
- August 9: Nebraska adds 187 new COVID-19 cases, no deaths
- Siouxland Forecast: Aug. 9, 2020
- UPDATE: Authorities say missing Norfolk woman has been located
- Siouxland Forecast: Aug. 09, 2020