LINCOLN, Neb. (KCAU) – Authorities are investigating a crash that occurred while a Nebraska State Trooper was in pursuit of a stolen semi-tractor.
According to a release, at approximately 11:30 a.m., Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) received information about a stolen semi-tractor that was traveling eastbound on Van Dorn, east of Lincoln. A trooper observed the vehicle traveling eastbound near 112th and Van Dorn. The trooper attempted a traffic stop, but the vehicle fled, traveling at 80 miles per hour on the gravel road.
As the vehicle reached 148th street, it failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with the trailer of a semi-tractor, truck trailer. The trooper called for emergency medical personnel and arrived on scene immediately. The trooper then located the driver of the stolen semi-tractor, who was killed. The driver of the other semi-tractor was not injured.
NSP has requested that the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office investigate the incident.
- ‘A new start’: 17 Mississippi inmates baptized
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- Man facing kidnapping, aggravated assault charges in Sioux Falls
- October 27: Iowa reports nearly 1,200 new COVID-19 cases, 22 deaths