SCRIBNER, Neb. (AP) – State officials were forced to again close a flooded stretch of rural highway in eastern Nebraska.
A 9-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 275 between Scribner and West Point had been closed Friday because ice jams had backed up the nearby Elkhorn River, causing the flooding.
The Nebraska Transportation Department reopened the highway on Saturday. But more flooding caused it to be closed again Sunday afternoon to through traffic in both directions.
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- Good Day Pets – Meet Tongues!
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky