EDISON, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say an 83-year-old woman was fatally injured by an explosion and fire at her rural residence in south-central Nebraska.
Firefighters from Edison and Oxford put out the fire Friday at the property northeast of Edison before flames could spread from an outbuilding to other structures.
Furnas County Attorney Morgan Farquhar identified the victim as Alberta Leising.
A propane leak is suspected of causing the blast and fire.
- Siouxland students added at Spalding Park free meal pick-up
- Sioux City Public Library works to provide resources to community while closed
- Iowa Secretary of State to mail absentee ballot request forms to every registered voter in the state
- Officials encouraging people to fill out census online
- Nebraska’s 4th COVID-19 death confirmed in Buffalo County