LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A petition drive in Lincoln seeks to recall the mayor and most of the city council, an effort spurred by the city leaders’ actions during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that LNK Recall organizers on Monday took the petitions to the County-City Building as the council held a meeting.
Several dozen people waited near the entrance to sign the petitions.
Meanwhile, a counter protester stood nearby chanting, “My daughter’s a nurse. Don’t make it worse. Wear a mask.”
The recall effort accuses Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird of seeking authoritarian control and attacking the liberty of Lincoln residents.
- Another loaded gun found by TSA agents at Des Moines Airport
- April 12: Woodbury County reports less than 5 new COVID-19 cases
- Virginia police officer fired after Black Army officer pepper-sprayed during stop
- South Dakota hospital named a Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
- Small Iowa town celebrates 13th Annual Matt Bohr Day