GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska State Fair is still a go but will be scaled back considerably to protect people from the coronavirus.
The fair’s board approved a slimmed-down schedule for this year’s event, which is scheduled from Aug. 28 through Sept. 7.
Executive Director Bill Ogg says the first weekend of the fair will feature 4-H events, while the second weekend would offer FFA events.
Other activities such as the Raising Nebraska Experience and Nebraska Game and Parks Display will be available during the week in between.
Fair officials said they may add other events if the fair nears.
- Actress Kelly Preston dies at 57 after 2-year fight with breast cancer
- Helicopters drop water as ship continues to burn at Naval Base San Diego
- Good Day Pets – Meet Axle the lab!
- Habitat for Humanity breaks ground for new partner family in Yankton
- Denison man flown to hospital after motorcycle crash