BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska man has been sentenced to prison for strangling his wife and throwing her body in the Missouri River.
KMTV reports that Brandon Norton, of the Omaha suburb of Bellevue, was sentenced Wednesday to 41 1/2 to 62 years in prison in the June 2018 death of 32-year-old Jennifer Norton.
He pleaded guilty in January to second-degree murder and improper disposal of a body.
Norton was arrested after walking into the Sarpy County Jail to tell authorities that he had killed his wife the day before and dropped her body from a bridge into the river.
He told police that he’d choked her to death after an argument.
- Warren Buffett’s firm has bought $2.1B of Bank of America stock
- Big Ten football season set to begin on Labor Day weekend
- Section of Sea Cabin Pier in South Carolina missing following Isaias
- Isaias Aftermath across eastern North Carolina
- August 5: 89 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death in South Dakota