HOLTON, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says a man from Omaha, Nebraska, has died in a head-on crash involving a car and a semitrailer in northeastern Kansas.
Television station KAKE reports that the crash happened early Thursday morning on U.S. 75 north of Holton.
The patrol says a northbound car driven by 24-year-old Mohammad Alnosif, of Omaha, veered into the southbound lanes and hit a tractor-trailer head-on.
Investigators say Alnosif was thrown from the car and died at the scene.
The patrol says the 38-year-old semi driver and a 66-year-old passenger with him were hospitalized for injuries.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing