KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska man has been convicted of animal cruelty for attacking his dog with a baseball bat, killing it, and burying it in his backyard.
Twenty-one-year-old Khaleem Baringer of Kearney pleaded no contest Tuesday to the felony charge as part of a deal with prosecutors who agreed to drop another charge in the case.
A witness told police Baringer hit the dog several times in the head with the bat after it defecated on the floor and nipped at a woman as she tried to place the dog into a kennel.
Baringer faces up to three years in prison when he is sentenced.
- Man facing kidnapping, aggravated assault charges in Sioux Falls
- October 27: Iowa reports nearly 1,200 new COVID-19 cases, 22 deaths
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- Bomb at seminary in Pakistan kills 8 students, wounds 136
- Iowa Secretary of State Office partners with cybersecurity firm for election security