OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska man who plowed his dump truck into the back of a stopped minivan will be sentenced in January in the deaths of two youths.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that a Sarpy County jury found Jesse O. Knight of Papillion, Nebraska, guilty on Friday of two counts of motor vehicle homicide.
The August 2019 crash killed 10-year-old Stephen Young and his 16-year-old sister, Abby Young.
Knight was also found guilty of misdemeanor reckless driving and pleaded guilty to operating a commercial vehicle without a commercial driving license.
- Patrol: Man killed in crash in south-central Nebraska
- Iowa Safe Schools pushes bill to ban conversion therapy in Iowa
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Siouxland leaders reflect on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 18: Nebraska reports more than 400 new COVID-19 cases