OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska man who plowed his dump truck into the back of a stopped minivan will be sentenced in January in the deaths of two youths.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that a Sarpy County jury found Jesse O. Knight of Papillion, Nebraska, guilty on Friday of two counts of motor vehicle homicide.
The August 2019 crash killed 10-year-old Stephen Young and his 16-year-old sister, Abby Young.
Knight was also found guilty of misdemeanor reckless driving and pleaded guilty to operating a commercial vehicle without a commercial driving license.
- Deaths from vehicle crashes up 38% in South Dakota last year
- With 100 days to go, Tokyo scrambles to stage pandemic Olympics
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- Colton Underwood, former star of ‘The Bachelor,’ says he’s gay
- April 14: More than 200 new COVID-19 recoveries reported in South Dakota