KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska man faces felony charges after allegedly killing his dog with a baseball bat and then burying it in his backyard.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that Khaleem Baringer, 21, of Kearney, is charged with felony use of a weapon to commit a felony and intentional felony animal cruelty of his dog, Mary Jane, a week ago.
A witness told police Baringer hit the dog several times in the head with the bat after it defecated on the floor and nipped at a woman as she tried to place the dog into a kennel.
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- Flash flood warning issued until 8:45 a.m. for Woodbury and Dakota Counties
- Ex-prison psychologist accused of inmate relationship
- Siouxland Forecast: July 9, 2020
- LaunchPAD Children’s Museum hosts “Monster X Tour” event