LEXINGTON, Neb. (AP) — An 18-year-old Lexington man is being held without bond after being charged in the shooting death of a 15-year-old.
Ramon Gonzalez-Romero was arraigned Monday on charges of first-degree murder and use of a firearm to commit a felony.
Prosecutors allege he killed Jovanny Gandara early Saturday. Lexington police say Gandara was shot after an altercation in northwest Lexington.
Friends took him to a Lexington hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The weapon used in the shooting has been recovered.
- Creighton’s McDermott reinstated after ‘plantation’ remark
- Siouxlanders could soon see another round of stimulus checks
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- Business owner reacts to Ho-Chunk acquiring multiple Historic 4th Street properties
- City of Sioux City planning to replace Grandview water tanks