LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) – Nebraska’s new economic development director has been confirmed by lawmakers who praised him for his business experience.
Senators voted 42-0 to put Tony Goins, of Lincoln, in charge of the Nebraska Department of Economic Development.
Gov. Pete Ricketts appointed Goins in July. Goins replaces Dave Rippe, who stepped down as the director to return to his home in Hastings.
Goins served as director of Branded Products for Lincoln Industries, where he led a sales team responsible for aftermarket truck and Harley Davidson parts.
Goins started in his new role Oct. 7 with an annual salary of $200,000.
- Man reunited with late wife’s photo after it blew away during Hurricane Sally
- Pres. Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover
- Unrest breaks out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys