LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — More employees of the Nebraska prison system have tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services said in a statement Saturday night that four staff members had tested positive for COVID-19.
Two of those work at the Omaha Correctional Center, one works at the Tecumseh State Correctional Institution and one works at the department’s central office.
The latest cases bring the number of Nebraska prison staffers infected since the pandemic began to 325. Of those, 228 have recovered.
The department also said Friday that 677 inmates have tested positive for the virus and four have died. Officials said 312 of them have recovered.
- January 15: South Dakota reports 425 new COVID-19 cases, 15 new deaths
- Bus dramatically plunges off New York City bridge; driver, passengers hurt
- One dead after crash near Alton, Iowa
- RIP: Mars digger bites the dust after 2 years on red planet
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide