OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Police in Omaha say a 28-year-old man faces charges of neglecting a vulnerable adult in his care after officers found a 76-year-old woman covered in feces and urine who had been abandoned at a motel.
Television station KETV reports that police were called to the Relax Inn in Omaha on July 3 when a motel manager noticed a guest had not checked out and went to check the room.
He found the woman on a couch covered in feces and urine. Trash and food were scattered around the room.
The woman was taken to a hospital, and medical staff said it appeared her adult diaper had not been changed for 48 hours.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Siouxlanders react to the presidential debate
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night