LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska prisons officials say a Columbus man being held in a state prison on a murder charge in the October death of his 90-year-old mother has died in prison.
The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services says in a news release that 62-year-old Bryce Kummer died Monday at the Nebraska Diagnostic and Evaluation Center in Lincoln.
Kummer had been charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder and weapons counts for the shooting death of his mother, Esther Kummer, on Oct. 1.
Police say he also tried to kill another person who was critically injured during the incident.
Officials have not stated Kummer’s cause of death, but say he was being treated for a medical condition.
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out
- In first days, Biden flashes action as deep problems loom
- Kingsley grocery store to be purchased by Plendl Feed Service
- Iowa State students react to death of 21-year-old student found outside sorority house