NORTH PLATTE., Neb. (AP) — A longtime North Platte doctor has died from COVID-19 as the state reported more than 38,000 confirmed cases of the virus in Nebraska.
The North Platte Telegraph reports that Dr. Leland Lamberty died Saturday after weeks of fighting the virus. Lamberty was a physician at Great Plains Health hospital and Great Plains Family Medicine clinic in North Platte.
Hospital officials say Lamberty was believed to have contracted the virus through community spread.
News of his death comes as the state’s online virus tracker reported 38,335 confirmed cases and 435 COVID-19 deaths in Nebraska since the beginning of the outbreak.
- Tulip Festival 2021 preparations are already underway
- Digital Exclusive: Sioux City Fire Rescue receives Mission: Lifeline® EMS Gold Plus Award
- Sioux City census councilman urges people to fill out 2020 Census
- High demand for contact tracing in Woodbury County due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Sioux City authorities: Woman made false claim about being stabbed by intruder