TECUMSEH, Neb. (AP) — An inmate has died at the state prison in Tecumseh, and a grand jury will be convened to investigate.
The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services says in a news release that 47-year-old Todd Shade died at the prison on Sunday.
The cause of Shade’s death has not been determined, but prison officials say he was being treated for a long-term medical condition.
Shade was serving a 100-year sentence on two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child.
He began serving his sentence in 1995.
State law requires a grand jury investigation anytime someone dies in state custody.
- Siouxland Forecast: January 27th, 2021
- Sioux City Community School District changing boundaries for upcoming school year
- 42-year-old killed in I-80 crash near North Platte
- Alleged driver in New Year’s shooting in Sioux City taken into custody
- Rep. Randy Feenstra selected to serve on two additional committees