OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Omaha police and the FBI are investigating after someone spray-painted racist graffiti on a grassy area at a western Omaha park.
Police say the graffiti covered a large area at Lake Zorinsky Park and included a racial slur, a swastika, and a stick-figure hanging from a noose.
Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert says maintenance crews removed the graffiti on June 30 as soon as officials learned of it.
Stothert says authorities are investigating the vandalism as a hate crime.
Omaha police and the FBI are asking anyone who has information, video or pictures regarding the vandalism to contact Crime Stoppers.
- J.D. Scholten holds parking lot rally
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Former Iowa, Spirit Lake standout Ryan Kriener inks professional contract with Helios Suns
- Digital Exclusive: Briar Cliff’s Men Volleyball members react to the cancelation of program
- Nebraska State Penitentiary inmate faces hate crime charge in attack on guard