LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A former psychologist at the Nebraska State Penitentiary has been charged with a felony after a search of her bag turned up an intimate letter from an inmate.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that 44-year-old Sarah Tielke, of Papillion, was charged Monday with unauthorized communication with an inmate.
A court affidavit says Tielke tried to put her bag in a locker on Feb. 25 after she was selected for a random search.
A search of the bag turned up three cellphones and a four-page letter an inmate had written her suggesting there was a romantic relationship between them.
Tielke told investigators the cellphones belonged to her children, and she was later charged only in connection to the letter.
- Former police officer facing child injury charges
- Residents displaced from North Sioux City fire
- Woman finds python in washing machine
- Authorities ID 33-year-old Rapid City man as stabbing victim
- Iowa 31 to close next Monday due to resurfacing