WILBER, Neb. (AP) – A June hearing has been scheduled for a three-judge panel to consider whether a man’s crime qualifies for the death penalty or whether he should be sentenced to life in a Nebraska prison.
Aubrey Trail and his girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, were both charged in the 2017 slaying of Sydney Loofe.
Boswell also is charged with first-degree murder and is awaiting trial in March. It’s been moved to Lexington.
The three judges will consider evidence to decide whether prosecutors can prove an aggravating factor necessary for capital punishment.
- DOJ investigation into President Trump’s personal attorney intensifies
- Sioux Falls-area 4th grader dies from flu complications
- More than 2,000 former DOJ officials call on Attorney General to resign
- Grand Rapids Olympian inks life story in Samoan tattoo
- Searchers recover bodies of two killed in Colorado avalanche