BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) – Authorities say a driver died after his car collided with a city snow removal machine in Beatrice.
First responders were dispatched just after 2 a.m. Sunday on a report that the driver was pinned inside the wreckage of his car. The city machine was removing ridged snow from the center of a street.
The car driver died at Beatrice Community Hospital & Health Center about an hour after the accident.
Authorities identified him as 34-year-old Jeremy Lopez, who lived in Beatrice.
The city machine operator wasn’t injured. The Nebraska State Patrol is investigating the collision.
- Digital Exclusive: Reducing the risk of breast cancer through food
- Heelan girls top North for fifth straight win
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- Chiefs fan saved Super Bowl IV memorabilia from 1970 now worth thousands
- Garoppolo gets 49ers to Super Bowl with handoffs not throws