BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) – Authorities say a driver died after his car collided with a city snow removal machine in Beatrice.
First responders were dispatched just after 2 a.m. Sunday on a report that the driver was pinned inside the wreckage of his car. The city machine was removing ridged snow from the center of a street.
The car driver died at Beatrice Community Hospital & Health Center about an hour after the accident.
Authorities identified him as 34-year-old Jeremy Lopez, who lived in Beatrice.
The city machine operator wasn’t injured. The Nebraska State Patrol is investigating the collision.
- Siouxland Forecast: May 31, 2020
- Child, caretaker killed in car-pedestrian crash in Friend, NE
- Iowa Gov. Reynolds releases statement supporting Polk County Supervisors’ 9 p.m. curfew
- Floyd Valley Healthcare starts allowing limited visitors on June 1
- Michigan sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint