KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) – Officers rescued a woman and a 7-year-old child after they fell through ice into water at Fort Kearney State Recreation Area.
First responders were sent to the park Sunday around 3 p.m. Station KSNB reports the child had broken through after going out onto the ice to retrieve a small dog, and the mother of the girl’s friend went in after the girl.
Rescuers threw the pair a flotation device attached to a long rope and then pulled them to safety ashore.
The two were taken to a Kearney hospital and were expected to recover from their chilly ordeal.
- El Paso shooting suspect faces more federal charges
- Health experts offer techniques to cope effectively cope with stress amid pandemic
- Texas workers file lawsuits against governor to lift executive order forcing closures
- Siouxland Forecast: July 9, 2020
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op