MAYWOOD, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a man was killed when his car crashed into an oncoming semitrailer in southern Nebraska’s Frontier County.
The collision occurred a little after 2:30 p.m. Monday, about 3 miles northwest of Maywood on U.S. Highway 83.
The Frontier County Sheriff’s Office says in a news release that the car was headed south when it crossed the center line to pass another vehicle but collided with the northbound truck.
The car driver was identified as 28-year-old Keith Padilla, who lived in McCook. The unidentified truck driver was taken to Community Hospital in McCook for treatment of minor injuries.
The collision is being investigated.
- Nebraska troopers arrest California man for nearly 70 pounds of marijuana on I-80
- Air search expected to resume for missing plane in Dakotas
- Nebraska could boost K-12 school aid to lower property taxes
- Digital Exclusive: Cone-Acopia
- Nebraska Game and Parks to give away free milkweed seeds in Norfolk