ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- M’Side’s Matthey claims fourth city men’s championship title
- August 9: Nebraska adds 187 new COVID-19 cases, no deaths
- Siouxland Forecast: Aug. 9, 2020
- UPDATE: Authorities say missing Norfolk woman has been located
- Siouxland Forecast: Aug. 09, 2020